Discovering the good news of Jesus together:
We believe the call to make disciples and invite people into the kingdom of right relationships leads us to tangible action. We communicate the good news of Jesus through serving, speaking, invitation, and partnership.
Generosity is the investment of our time, our talents, and our treasure. We serve alongside local organizations (time), we send people out to use their skils and training to be good news and build the kingdom (talent), and we invest 10% of our income as a church into work that aligns with our mission as a community in Davis (treasure). Here are some of the opportunities and partnerships we invest in as a community.
We are excited to be working with the following organizations to meet needs in our community:
- Empower YOLO
- Davis Community Meals
- 4th and Hope (Woodland)
- Make it Happen
- World Relief Sacramento
- Yolo Food Bank
- In addition we have teams that build relationships with those experiencing houselessness in our community, and we have a grafiti abatement team. To learn more about these opportunities email the Street Team!
We have mutually supportive relationships with these campus ministries at UC Davis:
We also support former UC Davis/Discovery alumns doing great campus ministry in other areas of our region and world:
- Sac Metro- Steven and Samantha Mockford (Cru)
- Colorado Springs- Susan Mack (Navigators World Mission Training)
Our Global Partners:
- Thailand- Mark and Princess Bernardino (Globalscope - Grapevine)
- Central Asian peoples - We have adopted a group of Central Asian people as a focus of our prayer and generosity. At this time it is unwise to offer more information on our website, so if you would like to know more about this work email the missions team
- Uganda - John and Sarah Stepanian (S.O.S.)
- Uruguay - David and Claudia Ossa (Globalscope - La Ruta)
- LatinScope - Emerging Globalscope staff and teams in Latin America
Questions and Support
To get involved with local service, justice initiatives, and partnerships, please Email the Street Team.
For more information on how we support missions, or to request support, please Email our Missions Team.